Tuesday

The Ghosts Remained

First came the rain, then the flood. The house washed away, but the ghosts remained.



Don't lose yourself she says.
Don't lose yourself.

She has always said that,
since the first real exchange.

Don't lose yourself.
Don't lose myself.

What if,
I don't know that I am lost?

What if,
I don't know where I am?

What if,
I don't know where I am going?

Except,
Up,
Stairs,
Bed.

Lose myself...
Yeah, it is a great big world out there 'aint it?

And I still wear the same clothes, the same braids, the same smile, the same tears, the same life, everyday.
So, what am I losing?

Nothing.

This heart will always beat the same rhythm.
This mind won't mind but will always wrap around itself too tight.
These hands will NEVER be fast enough to write what's going from my heart to my head to my hands,
and I will always prefer a pen and paper.

I'll never lose anything.
I'll never lose anything, except everything once in awhile.



**Now THEY look lost!**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers