Monday

And the Explosions Echoed Through my Mind's Night Part.1



*This next few blogs will chronicle my life from last July until now. There has been a lot of mystery and I plan on divulging the entire truth, so hold on for the ride*

July 8th - July 13th

It all started out normal, better then normal! The picture above is me and two of my very good friends Kyra Schon and Billy Gram. That was the last day of the convention when everything was all smiles and tearful hug good-byes. Four days earlier when I left for Indianapolis it was like a dream. I was an official guest and traveling with people who were heroes of mine within the genre, like William Forsythe, Gary Klar, Billy Gram and his sweet as peach pie daughter Mary who is like a sister to me. It was unreal. Cerina Vincent's table was next to mine, followed by Danielle Harris, Tony Todd, ect... We rode in a limo to dinner. I sat across from Tom Savini. The entire Romero movies room felt full of friends like the so lovable Bill Hinzman and Joe Pilato. All the "Lost Boys" were there and Brooke McCarter and Billy Wirth and great people and the end of the weekend would prove that even further. It was everything I dream of. Respect, love, recognition, meeting the most amazing fans, and all the unbelievable original artwork (look up Dick Starr) it just seemed to good to be true, and I guess it was.

That's when my Mom called. My Dad had been sick for about a month and my Dad never got sick. He had been bitten by a spider and got rocky mountain spider fever, but he just kept getting worse and the doctors could not figure out why. Well, it turned out it was pancreatic cancer. I fell apart. I sat in a circle "Indian" style with Billy, Mary, Brooke, Kyra, even Gary and Terry Wagner came over to console me, but it just didn't seem real. How can in one second everything go from perfect to shit, and WHY???

I have always been neurotic and kept a day job so I had to take a few days off for the convention. I was supposed to be back on Monday but by Sunday night it was clear there was no way I would make it. July was their slow season so I called my boss and let him know I'd be in on Tuesday. At the time I totally felt like Peter Parker and Spiderman, who's way cooler then Spiderbabe just FYI... Now I could have told my boss I just found out my Dad was dying and that's why I wasn't coming in the next day. Instead I told the truth. I didn't drive and my ride wanted to get some sleep before leaving so he wouldn't kill us all on the way home, and thank you Rob for not killing me.

The ride home was long, tiring, painful; it was all unraveling. I got to work on Tuesday on time and I could feel the awkwardness in the air. I wasn't even there 10 minutes when the boss' son called me in his office and "after reviewing" my file, fired me. I've never fled a scene so fast. (Anyone willing to prank call for me dial 1-888-3727363 and ask for Kevin.)


Up Next: The Good, The Bad, The Unemployed

xo
Ruby

P.S. This is Mary. 'Aint she darlin'?

2 comments:

  1. fearless hearts, and you are on the real track and its so deserving. your writing is import and i cant wait until the next awaited blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading and I look forward to getting the rest of this. What I know is in pieces, so I look forward to being able to connect the rest :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers