Friday

Up the punks!

*disclaimer! This was written last night but my internet stopped working before I could hit the publish button*

Just got home from the Against Me! and Silversun Pickups show. It was in my town! It was nice to be able to walk to a show and walk home afterwards and recap the night. Against Me was the best part of the night. I am tired, but I will give a brief description of how it all went down. We got near the front, but once they started playing I grabbed Nick (Victor's cousin) and made him come right up front with me to jump around and shout and yell and kick and punch. He has some of their lyrics tattooed on him. Victor (Bonacore) and Jen followed. I tried repeatedly to get people to start jumping too, or to start a mosh pit, but my efforts were fruitless. One girl even said, "what is your problem?" I looked at her, smiled, and paused for a moment before I simply said, "punk rock, have fun." Then I continued pushing, shoving, and jumping my way back through the crowd. I barely have a voice left I sang so loud. It has been so long since I've been to a show, too long in fact, that tonight felt cathartic. It's weird for me to have a blog because it is hard to know where the line is drawn in the sand. One side is personal, one side is professional. Even though having said that, I don't mind being personal. Especially because only a few people will even know what I am talking about. BUT, I must say that at the show I was wishing that my friend Joshua Michael Greene was there. (yeah, I'll use his full name, he likes that and it is what he is credited as in my movie) He is the best at shows! He goes nuts and runs around and somehow manages to crawl through the crowed and get people happy and dancing. He would have had a great time, and I needed someone to help me to get people moving! Eventually I abandoned the idea, and jumped around with the people I was there with and the crowd nearest to us. They were in good spirits and knew the songs, so it was fun. I have already written too much... I'm exhausted!

Silversun Pickups were good too. I have two of their albums, and I like them as well. They were the headliners. We didn't go near the front though, it wasn't the same energy to us as Against Me.

I have to thank Monica Puller for the tickets, she got them for Victor for his birthday, but she couldn't make it. Next time my darling...

I will write more tomorrow, maybe. Hold your breath.

PS New pictures are coming soon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers